UPDATE 1: Featuring new levels, rover sharing, and more!
We are excited to announce that the first massive update to vehicle building simulator Rover Builder, is out now on Steam!
What’s new for Rover Builder starting today with update 1?
- New and improved rover editor with new components including cannons, magnets, solar panels, and more!
- 12 brand new levels, designed, curated, and tailored to take advantage of Rover Builder’s new components and materials.
- Brand new rover sharing section allows you to download and share custom-made rovers with the Rover Builder community around the world.
- New tutorial mode provides newcomers the ability to learn how to create your first rover.
- Bug fixes to help with game stability.
4 more major updates still to come
A New Look With Major Update 1
Updated material and environment textures givesRover Builder a complete visual overhaul.
Engineer, Problem Solve, Destroy & Overcome
Build amazing 3D vehicles from simple buggies to trucks, cranes, and rocket-powered rovers in the all-new Rover Builder! With a massive selection of parts, materials, weapons, and more, design true mechanical systems simulated in real-time.
In Rover Builder, you will be tasked with solving increasingly challenging missions by building the right rover for the job. From retrieve and return collection missions, to traversing difficult terrain and combatting AI enemies.
Build Anything with Rover Editor
Featuring a unique construction system, set on a 64³ unit volume 3D building grid, design and create fully functional mechanical systems for a variety of rover types.
Engineer vehicles unique to each level and mission using a myriad of materials and parts. Build your rovers from the central unit up, adding on weapons and custom keystroke controls to overcome obstacles!
Rover Editor makes the building process easy with three levels of creation:
- Central Unit – the core supplying power to your rover, if parts lose connection, or the central unit takes damage, your rover will become ineffective
- Materials – create the structure for your build, containing wooden beams, hydraulics, springs, tracks, and more
- Parts & Components – kit out your rover to face any challenge, add wheels, weapons, tools, weights, and more that can be controlled with custom keystroke programming
Design Maps in Level Editor
Have total freedom over your environment – create custom levels in the hard surface 3D modelling Level Editor! Sculpt your landscape with mesh editing mode, add trees, rocks, grass, and then implement your challenges using the likes of magnets, turrets, and props in object edit mode!
Level Editor also includes:
- Day/Night slider to create dark and light levels
- Draw Elevation tool for easy raised or sunken surface creation
- Custom Stage Rules including rover parts, time limits, goals and more
- Level sharing
- NPC Rovers with automatic aiming and shooting
- and lots more!
If you can imagine it, you can build it – with hundreds of potential elements across the rover and level editors, Rover Builder offers endless possibilities. Build your rover on wheels, tracks, flying or walking, arm it with destructive weaponry or task-oriented tools – there are no limits to what you can create.
Append saved rover designs into levels as objects or enemies, create custom parts for each stage, and develop complex, interactive environments with builds such as slider-equipped doors that can be opened with the magnets, or rotating windmills to latch onto and reach elevated areas.
Join Our Discord
With so many ways to engineer vehicles, design levels, and complete missions, join the community to get hints, tips, and tricks from fellow builders, provide feedback or share your builds with the group in the Rover Builder Discord!
Together with developer Hatfuls Creative, we will be bringing 5 huge updates to revolutionise Rover Builder in the lead-up to launch. Early access players will gain access to each update as they are released, adding tons of new features, parts, and abilities!