ghostpia Release Date
Nostalgia Inspired Visual Novel 'ghostpia' Coming to Nintendo Switch on May 23rd, 2023!
“In my dreams, I can get out. In my dreams, I can fit in”
‘ghostpia‘ is a unique ghost story that follows Sayoko, a forgetful ghost struggling to recall her past and her purpose. With a unique and nostalgic art style, with a linear story, ‘ghostpia’ is full of the mysteries in Sayoko’s forgotten memories.
- Linear Narrtive – ‘ghostpia’ is designed for you to sit back and sink into the storyline, enjoying it like a movie
- Dark Humour – with death pointless in the face of unending resurrection, any annoying character can get thrown out of a window if they push the girls just a little too far
- Unexpected Twists – despite ghostpia’s gentle music and soft aesthetic, the story is shockingly brutal; even with static artwork, perspectives shift rapidly, unfolding dramatic truths one after another
- Eclectic Characters – Sayoko and her friends are all strange and different, each unique in their own weird way, yet somehow perfect for each other
- Soft nostalgia-inspired illustrations – the hand-drawn style of art brings to life the soft, isolated atmosphere of the snowy town, designed to make you feel lost in nostalgia
- Coming West for the First Time – Originally released on mobile and web browsers only in Japan, now with new music, higher resolution illustrations and more complex animations
- ‘ghostpia’ is coming to Nintendo Switch on May 23rd!