PQube is a world class global publisher of video games and is seeking to continue its growth with the appointment of a commercially minded and motivated individual to manage its social media activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast moving, successful and growing business within the video games sector. The role requires a hands-on style with 2+ years’ experience in a practical social media management role.
You will be responsible for managing a range of communities (totalling over 350,000 across all brands and networks), promoting across multiple products genres through multiple social media platforms while driving the social media strategy across the business.
Role Elevator Pitch
“We need someone to create and post content on our social media pages, reply to the community and to help with PR (identifying influencers and websites that would be good to feature our games) from time to time”
Increase sales of our video games profitability through social media channels. Identify and implement changes in the social media landscape, strategically around the latest trends and changes in marketing channels.
- Plan and execute all social media marketing campaigns in line with the business plan
- Manage and engage social media communities by responding to social media posts and encouraging discussions
- Identifying the most suitable marketing channel to deliver the best possible ROI
- Generation of engaging blog posts and articles on our websites
- Form key relationships with influencers across all social media platforms
- Monitor and report on social media platforms utlising specialist social media management software and Google Analytics
- Remain up to date with all the latest trends / developments and emerging technologies
- Work with the design team to ensure all creative is optimised to deliver the best CTR
- Work with the product / brand managers to ensure all campaigns are consistent with the product brand
- Ensure end to end analytics and tracking of all activities – with the ultimate-goal of conversion tracking (where possible)
Measures of Success
You would be personally responsible for the social media strategy and content for the products you are working on.
Key measures will include:
- Sell through of the product – did your social media marketing campaign deliver sales?
- Intelligent time management and scheduling – ensuring effective community management and development in the areas which deliver against the business objectives
- Optimisation of social media management – demonstrating the impact of your social media marketing on sales and improvements over time
- Ownership – end to end ownership of the social media marketing activities and communities for the relevant products you are working on
- 2+ years’ experience in a practical social media management role
- Practical experience with Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Reddit / Discord and other leading social media marketing platforms is essential. This is a hands-on role where you will be creating and managing all content
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of Marketing theory
- Strong level of the fundamentals of social media marketing metrics / tools and optimisation strategies
- Passionate about video games – especially Asian and/or Indie games (which we are known best for!)
- Adaptable – working in a SME you will be required to react quickly to changes in your working day and responsibilities
- Strong integrity – working closely with a small team, it is essential that you quickly develop a working relationship with your co-workers Integrity is an essential part of this
- Trustworthy – you will be working independently for elements of your work schedule and it is vital that you are trustworthy and reliable
- Flexible – the requirements of the role may change from time to time and it is essential that you are comfortable with change
- Analytical – you will be required to analyse and present results and statistics at a detail level, understanding the cause and consequence of all marketing activity
- Commercial – you will need to be comfortable understanding a business plan and managing a marketing budget
- Confident – you will need to be confident in your experience and knowledge, reporting to senior management and the wider team on your campaigns and strategies
- Motivated – you will be required to be strongly self-motivated and possess a drive to succeed
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team – there will be a healthy mix of working on your own (setting up campaigns etc) and as part of a team (working with various departments within the company)
Location: Letchworth (Venture House, SG62HW).
Remote: No Work from Home: 2 days a week, Monday and Friday Hours: 9 – 5.30 – Monday to Friday
Travel: Visits to our Bristol office may be required. Some international travel may be required.
Interview process: Will vary dependant on CV but will potentially include phone interview, formal interview (with presentation) and/or formal interview (no presentation)
How to Apply
Please email your CV and covering letter on why you would be perfect for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org