Job Description: Production Manager
PQube is a world class global publisher of video games and is seeking to continue its growth with the appointment of an organised and motivated individual to manage its production activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast moving, successful and growing business within the video games sector.
The role requires a hands-on style with 3+ years’ experience in a production management role.
You will be responsible for managing a range of products at different stages of development and ensuring they release on time.
Work with our external development and 1st party partners and internal teams to ensure our games are released on time.
- Assist multiple worldwide development teams from game concept through to postrelease support simultaneously.
- Be the go-to contact at PQube for our development partner queries regarding game development, platform holder submissions, QA, localisation, and any other development-related issues.
- Provide feedback to development teams during all stages of development, with a keen eye on user experience, competitor analysis, and current industry trends.
- Professionally report to various stakeholders about project milestones and identify any potential issues early to minimise the impact.
- Ensure that project milestones are met to the required quality and that all processes are continually evaluated optimise resources and time.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks for the benefit of the business.
- Excellent Windows Office knowledge, especially Excel in order to document project management.
- Impeccable written English ability.
- Knowledge of current game industry trends and an understanding of the global games industry.
- Attention to detail and diligent working attitude, constantly working on selfimprovement and methods to improve existing internal processes.
- Quick learner with the ability to work autonomously and use prior experience to assist independent decision making.
- Able to provide constructive feedback to various stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Experience with programming, game/app development, or a creative project.
- Experience working with multi-national teams.
- Japanese language ability (required)
Measures of success
You would be personally responsible for the development timeline for your product releases.
Key measures will include:
- Actual vs forecast release date (did the game come out on time?).
- Developer feedback on your working relationship (are you easy to work with?).
- Adaptable – working in a SME you will be required to react quickly to changes in your working day and responsibilities.
- Strong integrity – working closely with a small team, it is essential that you quickly develop a working relationship with your co-workers. Integrity is an essential part of this.
- Trustworthy – you will be working independently for elements of your work schedule
and it is vital that you are trustworthy and reliable.
- Flexible – the requirements of the role may change from time to time and it is
essential that you are comfortable with change.
- Confident – you will need to be confident in your experience and knowledge, reporting
to senior management and the wider team on your development timelines.
- Motivated – there is little micromanagement in our company – you will be required to
be strongly self-motivated and a drive to want to succeed.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team – there will be a healthy mix of working on your own (setting up schedules etc) and as part of a team (working with
various departments within the company).
Location: Bristol (77 Stokes Croft, BS1 3RD).
Hours: 9 – 5.30 – Monday to Friday
Travel: Visits to our Letchworth office may be required. Some international travel (but unlikely)
Interview process: Will vary dependant on CV but will potentially include phone interview, formal interview (with presentation) and/or formal interview (no presentation)