PQube is a world class global publisher of video games and is seeking to continue its growth with the appointment of an organised and motivated individual to manage its release activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast moving, successful and growing business within the video games sector, working a hybrid model of 3 days in the office and 2 days from home.
You will be responsible for managing the release of a number of packaged console titles.
Work with our external development, 1st party partners and internal teams to ensure our games are released on time:
- Manage certification submissions on all console platforms.
- Work with development teams to coordinate deliverable schedules.
- Communicate with the platform holders to arrange waiver requests, book test slots, and escalate issues.
- Work directly with development and production teams to submit rating materials to age ratings bodies.
- Report to internal stakeholders about the status of projects and identify potential pitfalls or opportunities.
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise tasks for the benefit of the business.
- Excellent Windows Office knowledge, especially Excel in order to document project management.
- Knowledge of current game industry trends and an understanding of the global games industry.
- Attention to detail and diligent working attitude, constantly working on self-improvement and methods to improve existing internal processes.
- Quick learner with the ability to work autonomously and use prior experience to assist independent decision making.
- Experience with programming, game/app development, or a creative project.
- Experience working with multi-national teams.
Measures of Success
You would be personally responsible for the development timeline for your product releases.
Key measures will include:
• Actual vs forecast release date (did the game come out on time?).
• Developer feedback on your working relationship (are you easy to work with?).
- Adaptable – working in a SME you will be required to react quickly to changes in your working day and responsibilities.
- Strong integrity – working closely with a small team, it is essential that you quickly develop a working relationship with your co-workers. Integrity is an essential part of this.
- Trustworthy – you will be working independently for elements of your work schedule and it is vital that you are trustworthy and reliable.
- Flexible – the requirements of the role may change from time to time and it is essential that you are comfortable with change.
- Confident – you will need to be confident in your experience and knowledge, reporting to senior management and the wider team on your development timelines.
- Motivated – there is little micromanagement in our company – you will be required to be strongly self-motivated and a drive to want to succeed.
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team – there will be a healthy mix of working on your own (setting up schedules etc) and as part of a team (working with various departments within the company).
Location: Bristol (77 Stokes Croft, BS1 3RD). Hours: 9 – 5.30 – Monday to Friday
Travel: Infrequent visits to our Letchworth office may be required.
Interview process: Will vary dependant on CV but will potentially include multiple interviews with different levels in the publishing department.
How to Apply
Please email your CV and covering letter on why you would be perfect for this role to: email@example.com