PQube is a world class global publisher of video games and is seeking to continue its growth with the appointment of a motivated and experienced PR Manager to manage its PR and influencer marketing activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast moving, successful and growing business within the video games sector. You will ideally have 3+ years’ experience in a Games Industry PR role and come armed with strong press contacts and influencer relationships.
You will be responsible for managing the PR and influencer relationships to promote our 20-25 product launches per year.
Role Elevator Pitch
“We need someone to manage the PR activities for all of our releases (typically 20-30 a year). This will include devising the strategy for each title, distributing the press releases (which the Product Managers will help write) and conducting influencer outreach (which the PR Assistant and wider marketing team will support). You may be required to manage external PR agencies from time to time, but typically all PR is in-house”
You will be responsible for all PR activities within the company, from press release creation and distribution, to managing press relationships with PR and influencers.
- Editing and distribution of press releases (the product manager will do the first draft and you will be responsible for final edits and distribution using our CMS)
- Management of a PR Assistant
- Distribution of game codes
- Management of PR and influencer tools (Steam Curators, Press Engine, Lurkit, Keymailer and Woovit)
- Reporting coverage (you will have access to Meltwater and CoverageBook)
- Growing our network of influencers and press partners – active outreach
- Work with the product / brand managers to ensure all campaigns are consistent with the product brand
- Management of the PR inbox
- 3+ years’ experience in a practical PR role – ideally in the games industry
- Ability to project manage multiple products simultaneously (we regularly have multiple game launches per-week and press release schedules which can include 2-3 per week)
- Strong writing skills – you will be responsible for re-writing press releases in an interesting and newsworthy style
- Strong time management – you will need to prioritise activities and be comfortable managing your own workload
- Excellent communication skills – you will need to be gregarious and to be comfortable at developing new relationships
- Strong presentation skills – you will be responsible for presenting our games at events
Measures of Success
This is a senior role and you would be personally responsible for the PR for the company.
Key measures will include:
- Hits and impressions – you will be measured on the volume and quality of press you secure
- Increasing coverage on more mainstream press websites – our product portfolio continues to grow in quality each year and PR should continue to grow alongside this
- Size of our PR and Influencer network – especially the number of partners we have direct relationships with, where we can secure regular features
- Adaptable – working in a SME you will be required to react quickly to changes in your working day and responsibilities
- Strong integrity – working closely with a small team, it is essential that you quickly develop a working relationship with your co-workers Integrity is an essential part of this
- Trustworthy – you will be working independently for elements of your work schedule and it is vital that you are trustworthy and reliable
- Flexible – the requirements of the role may change from time to time and it is essential that you are comfortable with change
- Analytical – you will be required to analyse and present results and statistics at a detail level, understanding the cause and consequence of all marketing activity
- Commercial – you will need to be comfortable understanding a business plan and managing a marketing budget
- Confident – you will need to be confident in your experience and knowledge, reporting to senior management and the wider team on your campaigns and strategies
- Motivated – you will be required to be strongly self-motivated and possess a drive to succeed
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team – there will be a healthy mix of working on your own (setting up campaigns etc) and as part of a team (working with various departments within the company)
Location: Letchworth (Venture House, SG62HW).
Remote: No Work from Home: 2 days a week, Monday and Friday Hours: 9 – 5.30 – Monday to Friday
Travel: Visits to our Bristol office may be required. Some international travel may be required.
Interview process: Will vary dependant on CV but will potentially include phone interview, formal interview (with presentation) and/or formal interview (no presentation)
How to Apply
Please email your CV and covering letter on why you would be perfect for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org