PQube is a world-class global publisher of video games and is seeking to continue its growth with the appointment of a motivated PR Assistant to support the PR Manager with PR and Influencer marketing activities.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a fast-moving, successful and growing business within the video games sector.
You will ideally have a passion for the games industry and communication.
You will be responsible for supporting the PR Manager in PR and influencer relationships to promote their 20-25 product launches per year.
You will support the PR Manager in all PR activities within the company, from press release creation and distribution to managing press relationships with PR and Influencers.
Your key activities will include:
- Editing and distribution of press releases
- Distribution of game codes
- Management of influencer tools (Steam Curators, Keymailer and Woovit)
- Reporting coverage (you will have access to Meltwater and CoverageBook)
- Growing PQube’s network of influencers and press partners – active outreach
- Work with the product/brand managers to ensure all campaigns are consistent with the product brand
- Management of the PR inbox
- 2+ years’ experience in a practical PR, Press or Marketing role – ideally in the games industry
- Strong writing skills – you will be involved in writing press releases and need to write in an interesting and newsworthy style
- Strong time management – you will need to prioritise activities and be comfortable managing your workload
- Research skills – finding journalist and influencers contact details where required
- Excellent communication skills – you will need to be gregarious and need to be comfortable at developing new relationships
- Strong presentation skills – you may be responsible for presenting PQube’s games at events
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
This is a junior role and you will be supported by the PR Manager for the company. Key measures will include:
- Hits and impressions – you will be measured on the volume and quality of press you secure
- Increasing coverage on more mainstream press websites – PQube’s product portfolio continues to grow in quality each year and PR should continue to grow alongside this
- Size of PQube’s PR and Influencer network – especially the number of partners we have direct relationships with, where we can secure regular features
- Adaptable – working in a SME you will be required to react quickly to changes in your working day and responsibilities
- Strong integrity – working closely with a small team, it is essential that you quickly develop a working relationship with your co-workers and integrity is an essential part of this
- Trustworthy – you will be working independently for elements of your work schedule and it is vital that you are trustworthy and reliable
- Flexible – the requirements of the role may change from time to time and it is essential that you are comfortable with change
- Analytical – you will be required to analyse and present results and statistics at a detailed level, understanding the cause and consequence of your PR activity
- Confident – you will need to be confident in your experience and knowledge
- Motivated – there is very little micromanagement at PQube – you will be required to be strongly self-motivated and a drive to want to succeed
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team – there will be a healthy mix of working on your own (setting up campaigns etc) and as part of a team (working with various departments within the company)
Location: Letchworth (Venture House, SG62HW). Hours: 9 – 5.30 – Monday to Friday
Travel: Some international travel may be required.
Interview process: Will vary dependant on CV but will potentially include phone interview, formal interview (with presentation) and/or formal interview (no presentation)
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com with your CV and covering letter explaining why you would like to join our team.