Gaming and production
PQube is a global publisher of Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and PC video games. We are looking for a Japanese Production Assistant to join PQube’s Bristol team, which focuses on the Marketing, Production and Release of all Videogame Software.
We are looking for a Japanese Production Assistant to help with the game document translation and assist with the game production process. You will be ultimately responsible for the smooth running of game production and the quality of output. You will also be required to build relationships with Japanese Videogame developers across a number of different sectors.
- Translating news stories, emails and documents required to further business with non-English speaking Japanese developers and publishers.
- You will liaise with Japanese developers so you must have a good command of Japanese and be able to write emails in Japanese professionally.
- Working with the Production Manager to manage submissions to the console platform holders, Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft, Steam, and etc.
- You will be responsible for communicating with others who are directly involved in the project either internally or externally.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate;
- Excellent written and oral Japanese skills. Ideally Japanese will be your first language.
- Decent working knowledge of Adobe and MS Office suites.
- An understanding of Japanese business etiquette.
- Must be articulate, presentable and well mannered.
- Good organizational skills.
- Passion for and knowledge of video games past, present and future across a wide range of genres. You must play, read about and have a great enthusiasm for video games.
Ideally, applicants will also have;
- Understanding of social media platforms.
- Enthusiasm for Japanese popular culture – in particular, anime and manga.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com.